Re: Sparse 0.5.1 RC5 released.

Hi Luc,

On 13 August 2017 at 14:10, Luc Van Oostenryck
<luc.vanoostenryck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
> <mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I am merging and testing this in my repository. I notice that after
>> applying the changes related to killing of BBs - there is a
>> significant slow down in Sparse.
>>
>> Before the merge:
>>
>> real: 4.3 minutes
>> user: 4.1 minutes
>>
>> After the merge:
>>
>> real: 18.9 minutes
>> user: 18.7 minutes
>>
>> I just noticed this and these are my initial tests. But I thought it
>> worth letting you know.
>
> I very small slowdown is expected (and even it could have positive
> effect too) but not at all something like this.
> And what I (and I think Chris too) measured was indeed quite small.
>
> Care to send your code, I can see where the problem could be?

Yes apologies I should have mentioned the test case:

https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/dmr_c/blob/master/tests/lcc/cq.c

I am checking whether the slowdown is due to some other factor such as:

a) Build options - I need to check whether my build is an optimized
build or not.
b) I am using function based ptrlist iterators - so that may be
exacerbating the issue

But still it would be interesting to know what your results are for
this test case.

Regards
Dibyendu