Re: Sparse 0.5.1 RC5 released.

Hi Chris & Luc,

On 12 August 2017 at 15:15, Christopher Li <sparse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It took longer than I thought. But we are finally there.
>
> I am very happy that the wine dead loop bug is nailed
> down and the looping while deleting bugs are stopped.
>
> Thanks Luc for a lot of hard work there.
>
> I hope this is the last RC for this release.
>
> Let's ship this release out. The work for the next release
> is already start to piling up.
>
> Thanks every one that contribute to this RC5.
>
> Again, please give it a good test.  Report back
> any issue you might have.

I am merging and testing this in my repository. I notice that after
applying the changes related to killing of BBs - there is a
significant slow down in Sparse.

Before the merge:

real: 4.3 minutes
user: 4.1 minutes

After the merge:

real: 18.9 minutes
user: 18.7 minutes

I just noticed this and these are my initial tests. But I thought it
worth letting you know.

BTW in my tests I do not see any change in the results after the
changes - i.e. the previous failures due to simplification are still
present. But there is now a degradation in performance - so my
question is - are these changes worthwhile?

Regards
Dibyendu