Re: Detect unused header files?

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Kamil Dudka wrote:

> On Thu August 6 2009 13:17:02 Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > > Could we have a flag to track top-level headers only?  So that
> > > anything declared in sub-headers will be registered also under top
> > > header file?  This seems more useful scanning mode for regular
> > > user-space code.
> >
> >   has anyone tried cscout?
> >
> > http://www.spinellis.gr/cscout/
>
> The homepage looks interesting, but where can I download its sources?

http://www.spinellis.gr/cscout/download.html

i grabbed a copy of it a few days ago, i just haven't had time to set
it up.  i mention it since one of the things it claims to do is -- ta
da! -- identify unused header files.  but it appears to take some
careful configuration.  i'd like to see someone config it to scan the
current source tree, i just don't think i have the time at the moment.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX