Re: [bug report] blktests srp/002 hang

在 2023/9/21 1:29, Bob Pearson 写道:
On 9/20/23 12:22, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 9/20/23 10:18, Bob Pearson wrote:
But I have also seen the same behavior in the siw driver which is
completely independent.
Hmm ... I haven't seen any hangs yet with the siw driver.
I was on Ubuntu 6-9 months ago. Currently I don't see hangs on either.
As mentioned above at the moment Ubuntu is failing rarely. But it used to fail reliably (srp/002 about 75% of the time and srp/011 about 99% of the time.) There haven't been any changes to rxe to explain this.
I think that Zhu mentioned commit 9b4b7c1f9f54 ("RDMA/rxe: Add workqueue
support for rxe tasks")?
That change happened well before the failures went away. I was seeing failures at the same rate with tasklets
and wqs. But after updating Ubuntu and the kernel at some point they all went away.
Thanks, Bob. From what you said, in Ubuntu, this problem does not occur now.

To now,

On Debian, without the commit 9b4b7c1f9f54 ("RDMA/rxe: Add workqueue support for rxe tasks"), this hang does not occur.

On Fedora, similar to Debian.

On Ubuntu, this problem does not occur now. But not sure if this commit exists or not.

Hi, Bob, can you make tests without the above commit to verify if the same problem occurs or not on Ubuntu?

Can any one who has test environments to verify if this problem still occurs on Ubuntu without this commit?

Jason && Leon, please comment on this.

Thanks a lot.

Zhu Yanjun

Thanks,