Re: [bug report] blktests srp/002 hang

On 8/24/23 18:11, Shinichiro Kawasaki wrote:
If it takes time to resolve the issues, it sounds a good idea to make siw driver
default, since it will make the hangs less painful for blktests users. Another
idea to reduce the pain is to improve srp/002 and srp/011 to detect the hangs
and report them as failures.

At this moment we don't know whether the hangs can be converted into failures.
Answering this question is only possible after we have found the root cause of
the hang. If the hang would be caused by commands getting stuck in multipathd
then it can be solved by changing the path configuration (see also the dmsetup
message commands in blktests). If the hang is caused by a kernel bug then it's
very well possible that there is no way to recover other than by rebooting the
system on which the tests are run.

Thanks,

Bart.