Re: Please help if u can.

John Scarpa wrote:
> First a very big thanks to all of u! I have been suffering a serious
> lack of sleep problem lately..  i should have noticed that by whom has
> been submitting the past 500 fixes and updates!
>
> Quick question, is the driver still consider experimental??

Very much so.  The SAS bits are fairly stable nowadays, but the rest is
still YMWV. :)

> the guys i
> work with say it doesn't support sata drives and it's still experimental

SATA support is under development.  Patches exist in the git tree here:
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/jejb/aic94xx-sas-2.6.git;a=summary

> so don't use it.  And i can't find anything on the state of this driver.
>
> PS.  I should have said i dropped that aic94xx-seq.fw in
> /lib,/lib/firmware,/lib64,/lib64/firmware  (still have yet to get this
> sucker to work)

Yes, you need a udev that's new enough to know how to handle the
firmware loading interface.  Typically, udev will load firmware from
/lib/firmware, though I suppose that depends on the distribution.  Not
sure if RH/Fedora support fw loading, newer Ubuntu-E and SuSE do...

--D
-