Re: Please help if u can.

djwong@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
John Scarpa wrote:
First a very big thanks to all of u! I have been suffering a serious
lack of sleep problem lately..  i should have noticed that by whom has
been submitting the past 500 fixes and updates!

Quick question, is the driver still consider experimental??

Very much so.  The SAS bits are fairly stable nowadays, but the rest is
still YMWV. :)

the guys i
work with say it doesn't support sata drives and it's still experimental

SATA support is under development.  Patches exist in the git tree here:
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/jejb/aic94xx-sas-2.6.git;a=summary

so don't use it.  And i can't find anything on the state of this driver.

PS.  I should have said i dropped that aic94xx-seq.fw in
/lib,/lib/firmware,/lib64,/lib64/firmware  (still have yet to get this
sucker to work)

Yes, you need a udev that's new enough to know how to handle the
firmware loading interface.  Typically, udev will load firmware from
/lib/firmware, though I suppose that depends on the distribution.  Not
sure if RH/Fedora support fw loading, newer Ubuntu-E and SuSE do...

--D
Fedora Core 6 does. I just had to drop the firmware into /lib/firmware to get it loaded correctly. Unfortunately the drivers in the Fedora kernels do not have the SATA support merged into them. I looked at the aic94xx-sas-2.6.git tree, but it looks like things have been swapped around between scsi and libata since 2.6.19.1 (the latest fc6 update kernel). If anyone has versions of the SATA support patches that apply on top of a Fedora kernel, could you please direct me to them?

Aravind.

-

-