Re: How to control IRQ thread priority from inside the driver

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Remy Bohmer wrote:

> Arnaldo mentioned to use the irq-name for this, and to me this sounds good.

Yeah, that wouldn't be too hard to implement.

> > > possible to use 1 target image usable on multiple boards with  1
> > > single kernel and 1 single config.
> >
> > You can still have one kernel and one config. A command line is separate.
>
> My mistake: I meant with config the grub, u-boot or ... config, not
> the kernel config

OK, understood.

> > five if you count my writing of the chapter in the O'Reilly book
> > "Building Embedded Linux Systems" about RT.  But these are some of the
>
> Interesting... When will this book be finished? I am always curious

hehe, it was due last year! I'm only doing the RT chapter about Ingo's
patch.  I wont give a time frame, since I'm working my butt on getting it
out. But it is due soon.

> about the point of view of others on RT... (I am working with Ingo's
> RT-patch for several years now, started with the early preemption
> patches on 2.4 kernels)

I've been developing Ingo's patches for a few years now too.  I'm one of
the authors of the rt-mutex.c code.  Actually, I started out on RT Linux
programing as a kernel developer at TimeSys working on their Linux 2.2
port.  Now I'm at Red Hat with Ingo, but I'm on other projects that keep
me from doing RT full time :-(

-- Steve

-