Re: How to control IRQ thread priority from inside the driver

Hello Steven,

> Perhaps adding in a new command line interface (We may need to extend the
> command line size limit). Where one could do
> irq_priority_map=10-51,21-40,...  Where the first number is the irq number
> followed by the irq priority. We can also do something similar to
> softirqs.
>
> Would something like that satisfy your needs?

Yeah, it would at least suit my needs :-)
But, the irq-numbers to be defined is hardware specific, and even
board specific on X86. Maybe someone wants to give a certain interrupt
handler a different priority, but not a certain IRQ-number to keep it
possible to use 1 target image usable on multiple boards with  1
single kernel and 1 single config.
How to define that on a kernel commandline is still a question to me...

> When I get time, I can write up a patch to do something like this.

I could write a proposal on a solution for this, and if we all agree
for one solution, I could make the patch for this. (Maybe I have more
time free than you ;-) )

Remy
-