Re: How to control IRQ thread priority from inside the driver

Em Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 06:00:28PM +0200, Remy Bohmer escreveu:
> Hello Steven,
>
> > Perhaps adding in a new command line interface (We may need to extend the
> > command line size limit). Where one could do
> > irq_priority_map=10-51,21-40,...  Where the first number is the irq number
> > followed by the irq priority. We can also do something similar to
> > softirqs.
> >
> > Would something like that satisfy your needs?
>
> Yeah, it would at least suit my needs :-)
> But, the irq-numbers to be defined is hardware specific, and even
> board specific on X86. Maybe someone wants to give a certain interrupt
> handler a different priority, but not a certain IRQ-number to keep it
> possible to use 1 target image usable on multiple boards with  1
> single kernel and 1 single config.
> How to define that on a kernel commandline is still a question to me...

Well, we could use the IRQ name, as given in:

        if (request_irq(pdev->irq, megasas_isr, IRQF_SHARED, "megasas", instance)) {

So it would be something like:

irq_pmap=megasas:90,eth0:40,50

With the last one being the default, if different than the kernel
default, not having the ':' would mean default.

- Arnaldo
-