Re: rdma-core in Dabian

Am Mittwoch, den 10.05.2017, 19:02 +0300 schrieb Leon Romanovsky:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 09:50:05AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:35:47AM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > > Jarod already created a rdma-core package in debian/control in
> > > commit
> > > 8df5873b9. Currently we do not have a rdma-core package in Debian
> > > and
> > > no package with a kernel-boot service file. I know that the
> > > openibd and
> > >  mlnx-ofed-kernel-utils packages shipped a openibd service that
> > > does
> > > similar job.
> >
> > Yes, pulling something like openibd into rdma-core is the idea
> > here..
> >
> > > Do we want to call the binary package that contains the kernel-
> > > boot
> > > service 'rdma-core' or simplify that to 'rdma'? We should use the
> > > same
> > > binary package name across the distributions (unless it's
> > > conflicting
> > > with a naming convention).
> >
> > I think rdma-core is fine..
> >
> > > Can you come up with a patch set? I will be happy to review it.
> > > Note
> > > that paths like /usr/libexec/rdma-init-kernel (in rdma.service)
> > > needs
> > > to be made configurable. In Debian, we would install these helper
> > > scripts in /usr/lib/$packagename/$filename.
> >
> > Maybe Leon's team will try to tackle some of this? It is
> > complicated,
> > the RH scripts do quite a bit stuff :\
>
> I would be happy to help, but I'm not sure that I understand what
> should
> be done :(

Move redhat/rdma.service and everything that is required by it to a new
'kernel-boot' directory. Add a CMakeLists.txt file that installs the
service. Make sure that the hard-coded paths are set by cmake. Also
check the moved scripts for old, legacy stuff that might not work
somewhere else.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: https://www.profitbricks.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.