Re: rdma-core in Dabian

Hi Leon,

Am Sonntag, den 07.05.2017, 09:43 +0300 schrieb Leon Romanovsky:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> It looks like, we fixed all outstanding reviews comments
> for inclusion of rdma-core into Debian.
>
> How can we move forward and see rdma-core part of Debian?

I found some time to continue the review of the source package merge. I
finally reviewed all changes from the 11 source packages to rdma-core.
The review is done except for the debian/copyright file regarding the
upstream part (i.e. the copyright for all files outside of debian/).
The resulting changes from the review can be found in the pull request
https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core/pull/128

Remaining topics to address:

* review copyright (by me)

* ibacm: Required-Start on openibd (see separate post)

* rdma-ndd shipped by infiniband-diags and rdma-core (see separate
post)

* srp_daemon: Disallow all targets if not explicitly allowed by
default (see separate post)

* Can we upstream some redhat files, i.e. move them out of the redhat
directory and maintain them in their corresponding code? Following
files fall in this category:
** ibacm.service
** srp_daemon.service
** rdma service (see next point)

* Can we provide an upstream rdma-core "package" that contains the rdma
service and the following files from the redhat directory?
** rdma.conf
** rdma.kernel-init
** rdma.service
** rdma.udev-rules

* Fix lintian issues:

  I: rdma-core: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
  I: iwpmd: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Patches for improved descriptions are welcome.

  W: iwpmd: init.d-script-missing-start etc/init.d/iwpmd 2 4

Any objections to add 2 and 4?

  I: srptools: init.d-script-does-not-implement-optional-
     option etc/init.d/srptools status

I can write that if you decide not to consolidate the srp daemon (see
bonus point below)

  W: ibverbs-providers: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libmlx5-1

I think we should just ignore this warning since using libmlx5-1 is
just one part of ibverbs-providers that shouldn't be use alone, should
it?

  W: ibverbs-providers: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/x86_64-
     linux-gnu/libmlx5.so.1.1.14 usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlx5.so

This libmlx5.so symlink should be part of a development package. Should
I add a new binary libmlx5-dev package or should it be moved to
libibverbs-dev (where already the header files are)?

* Bonus points: consolidate the srp daemon. Debian ships a different
service file than upstream, but I am against an additional layer
introduced by srp_daemon.sh. It would also be nice to have a systemd
service shipped by upstream (and not just in the redhat directory)

Once these points are addressed (and in case I found no new stuff), I
will upload the package to Debian experimental since Debian is in
freeze. And no, we are months too late for Debian 9 (stretch). The
packaging doesn't use the latest stuff to allow a no-change backport to
Debian 8 and 9.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: https://www.profitbricks.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.