Re: [RFCv2 00/15] RFCv2: Consolidated userspace RDMA library repo

On 9/13/2016 7:00 PM, Hefty, Sean wrote:
>> for
>> it
>>>
>>> Yes, this is the userspace daemon for the SA netlink socket.  And to
>>> be clear, it's ibacm, as it's a daemon not a library.  The librdmacm
>>> looks for and uses ibacm when present.
>>
>> Yes/No to include it?
>
> I could go either way on this, but I'm leaning to no.

I would.  Mainly because it is tied to both the kernel uAPI (via
netlink) and to librdmacm (such that librdmacm changes how it builds
when ibacm is present, so if we don't include it, then ibacm becomes a
requirement of the larger package if you want librdmacm to support the
ibacm cache service).

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
    GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD