Re: [RFCv2 00/15] RFCv2: Consolidated userspace RDMA library repo

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 04:51:41PM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:
> > I haven't read through this thread completely yet, but are you wanting
> > patches applied to the current upstream trees before the merge, or are
> > you good merging them into your local trees only?
>
> What is the intended scope for what goes into this repo?  So far,
> what's there is very verbs focused. Is your intent to pull in
> non-verbs related interfaces (e.g. psm/psm2) as well?  I see iwpm.
> What about ibacm, opensm, or the distributed SA work?

The intent is to cover the user space component of the kernel.

So, if code is including uapi/rdma/* then it is a good candidate for
this tree.

libacm, I am unclear on. Is it the recommended userspace component for
the netlink socket that Kaike? Is it coupled to librdmacm? If yes it
should probably come too.

psm/psm2, I have no knowledge about this, it seems to meet the
qualification, but I haven't seen it follow a community model? I
don't have an impression that Intel would view that favorably..

opensm is not qualified since it rides on the other libraries.

Not sure what distributed SA encompasses..

Jason