RE: [RFCv2 00/15] RFCv2: Consolidated userspace RDMA library repo

> The intent is to cover the user space component of the kernel.
>
> So, if code is including uapi/rdma/* then it is a good candidate for
> this tree.

Based on discussions so far, I would limit the scope to the 'common' or 'shared' or non-vendor-specific areas of the uAPI.

> libacm, I am unclear on. Is it the recommended userspace component for
> the netlink socket that Kaike? Is it coupled to librdmacm? If yes it
> should probably come too.

Yes, this is the userspace daemon for the SA netlink socket.  And to be clear, it's ibacm, as it's a daemon not a library.  The librdmacm looks for and uses ibacm when present.

> psm/psm2, I have no knowledge about this, it seems to meet the
> qualification, but I haven't seen it follow a community model? I
> don't have an impression that Intel would view that favorably..

I couldn't say for certain, but my guess is that the psm team would like to maintain this separately.  AFAIK, it has no dependency on verbs or the verbs uapi.

> opensm is not qualified since it rides on the other libraries.
>
> Not sure what distributed SA encompasses..

I'm not sure either at this point.  It used to ride completely on the other libraries.