Re: [RFC] input: syfs switches for SKE keypad

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 05:11:07PM +0530, Trilok Soni wrote:
> Hi Samu,
>
> On 10/6/2010 3:18 PM, Onkalo Samu wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 10:56 +0200, ext Sundar R IYER wrote:
> >> Hi,

So exactly like I was saying it is all about the PM and thus input layer
is really the wrong place to solve this.

> >  This not
> > following pm transitions.

What do you mean? It may not follow system-whide PM transtitions but it
is per-device PM transition that I believe everyone wants to have
support for. You shut off devices individually and in subtrees when they
are not in use/needed.

> >  On the other hand, disable entry may trig
> > pm_runtime suspend transifion for that device.
> >

> I think what you are referring is similar to Android specific early suspend/resume
> framework. For example, what is the use of TS (if not used as wakeup) resources
> when the screen goes blank, so better to early suspend it rather than waiting
> upto the platform suspend to happen.
>
> I think this can be solved with pm_runtime, isn't it? Though I am not expert
> at pm_runtime, but this framework can be explored to enable these features.

I think last time Rafael mentioned that runtime PM did not allow for
forcing power state from userspace but I wonder if it would be possible
for userspace to signal and "accelerate" the idle state for a device and
then standard runtime PM framework would kick in...

--
Dmitry