Re: [RFC] input: syfs switches for SKE keypad

Hi Trilok,

I think no. IMO TS should be disabled only when the user decides to lock off
the phone or screen. This is independent of any suspend or early suspend operation.
As Samu said, lots of back ground operations might keep the CPU running.

>I think this can be solved with pm_runtime, isn't it? Though I am not expert
>at pm_runtime, but this framework can be explored to enable these features.

Hmm. Yes. Even I think so; but I am not really sure if these run time helpers for
suspend/resume can be invoked from the user space. If I understand correctly,
a event like a lock-key, keypad slider open/close or MMC slot door close/open
should trigger an event to user space, which can then force devices to suspend/resume.
If this is possible via these runtime_* helpers, then as Dmitry says, it would be up to
the user space to suspend/resume the device; we end up using a single helper for either
run time suspend or platform suspend. Maybe Rafael can comment here.

Regards,
Sundar