Question about hibernation

Hi Alan,

I have question regarding the hibernation mode in linux.

1) In normal suspend to ram, is freezing of tasks necessary while suspend to ram in current linux power management core?
2) In hibernation mode, is freezing of tasks done before normal suspend/resumes in order to that hibernation image is in sync?

My issue is because it might be possible that there is some part of device driver which is user space and another part is kernel space
then in suspend to ram and hibernation mode is freezing of all user space part is done before kernel side or it differs while
suspend to ram and hibernation mode?

Regards
Raj