Re: Runtime power management during system resume

Hi Alan,

Thanks for quick replies. As you said

> >> 2) Suppose device is active, means its power_usage counter is already one, Now during system
> >> sleep, does the driver first suspend it with run time power management core and then continue
> >> System suspend?

{ALAN}  No.

But since during system suspend power_usage counter is incremented by 1 But if the device is active
means its state is RPM_ACTIVE, its power_usage counter is 1 in run time power management core.

when the system suspend happens, it will also increment the power_usage_counter by 1 during dpm_prepare

Now   the power_usage_counter is 2.

So when dpm_complete is invoked, it will decrement the power_usage_counter by 1 during dpm_complete.

So now when the drivers gets system suspend, its power_usage counter is still 1.

So what in this scenario, does the device decrements the power_usage counter itself?

Thanks
Raj