Re: [Suspend2-devel] Freezing filesystems (Was Re: What's in store for 2008 for TuxOnIce?)

Martin Steigerwald schrieb:
Am Mittwoch 02 Januar 2008 schrieb Nigel Cunningham:

Hi.

Hi,

Hi,
This has been refreshingly different on tuxonice mailing lists. I am also
a bit reluctant about the traffic. I already have some quite high traffic
mailinglists with 30000-40000 mails a year, but LKML would top these
easily I guess and I am not that sure I want to put that load on my mail
infrastructure to follow TuxOnIce developments. I think this is a generic
problem for testers of specific kernel subsystems...

Yep, for me, too.
LKML's traffic is way too high, but I understand, that Nigel wants to push
TuxOnIce a little bit closer to the main kernel.
So I would actually be happy if it goes on LKML and there is some way to
filter the TOI mails out. Like for example you drop mails, that don't have
[TuxOnIce] in their subject (or similar). I could live with that.
Actually the people on the LKML should use those more often, some do use
tags like that already, but a lot of people don't and that makes it look like just
a huge amount of email without any structure in it.

But then LKML is were TuxOnIce is visible to the kernel developer
community.

I would appreciate linux-pm I think maybe with a guideline to CC to LKML
in usual cases...

BTW: toi-3.0-rc3 is rocking along nicely on my two ThinkPads (T42 and
T23)... I am using 2.6.23.12 with cfs-v24.1...

Yep, 3.0-rc3 is definitely the most reliable toi/suspend2 version I've ever had.
I've done around 30-50 hibernate/resume cycles without any problems.
I only stopped, because my touchpad stops working after resume with the
Elantech driver, but I normally don't use it a lot, so I can live with that.

Greets