Re: [Suspend2-devel] Freezing filesystems (Was Re: What's in store for 2008 for TuxOnIce?)

Am Mittwoch 02 Januar 2008 schrieb Nigel Cunningham:
> Hi.

Hi,

> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> >> Hi Nigel,
> >>
> >> I'd really recommend pushing the TuxOnIce discussions to LKML.
> >
> > CCing linux-pm (or even linux-acpi) on problem reports would still be
> > recommended, though. :-)
>
> Right. And that may make things easier as far as TuxOnIce users go too.
> I have one user who currently subscribes to suspend2-users who already
> tried subscribing to LKML and said he didn't like the experience. Using
> linux-pm instead would save some pain there.

I am a bit reluctant about LKML from some of the discussions I have seen
there and participated in during CFS / CK discussion. I really didn't
like the tone. Its one thing to say ones own oppinion, another one to
bash at each other as if there was no tomorrow.

This has been refreshingly different on tuxonice mailing lists. I am also
a bit reluctant about the traffic. I already have some quite high traffic
mailinglists with 30000-40000 mails a year, but LKML would top these
easily I guess and I am not that sure I want to put that load on my mail
infrastructure to follow TuxOnIce developments. I think this is a generic
problem for testers of specific kernel subsystems...

But then LKML is were TuxOnIce is visible to the kernel developer
community.

I would appreciate linux-pm I think maybe with a guideline to CC to LKML
in usual cases...

BTW: toi-3.0-rc3 is rocking along nicely on my two ThinkPads (T42 and
T23)... I am using 2.6.23.12 with cfs-v24.1...

Ciao,