[linux-pm] community PM requirements/issues and PowerOP [Was: Re: So, what's the status on the recent patches here?]

On Sep 11, 2006, at 1:09 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:

> On Mon 2006-09-11 22:06:36, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> On Mon 2006-09-11 12:53:27, Matthew Locke wrote:
>>> On Sep 11, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
>
>>> btw, if people on this list are not ready to ACK PowerOP, I would
>>> like
>>> to hear why before we go elsewhere.   It looks like all major issues
>>> have been addressed by our approach and implementation.
>
> Oh and I am pretty tired of teaching you 'how to submit a patch', so
> if I'm quiet, do not take it as an "ACK".

Tired of teaching me?  We are following the same process documented and
that everyone else is doing.  I just don't understand your reasons for
not ACKing and requesting we move this discussion to lkml before people
on this list are ready to ACK.  That has nothing to do with the process
for submitting a patch.  No teaching involved or necessary.

What does your going quiet mean?  You have had some good feedback so I
much prefer we reach some sort of understanding.  If your final
statement is that PowerOP is not needed and you are never going to like
it or ACK It, let us know.  We can agree to disagree.