[linux-pm] Suspend "core": what to do now ?

Hi.

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 14:06, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I'm inclined to just trash all of that... but Nigel will have the same
> problem here, if I start moving the core of swsusp to arch code, he'll
> have to move the core of swsusp2 accordingly.

I have the problem that I have so little arch dependant code that it
seems silly to make the switch, but I also like the idea (as mentioned
on irc) of being able to switch between modes. (S3 for a while, then S4,
eg). To achieve something like that, it makes sense to have something
more generic, I think, that can handle these transitions. Then again,
maybe I'm just thinking of an extension to runtime PM :>

Whatever you do, I will have to work with it. I don't really see what
you're aiming at though, so I could do with a bit more brain dump if
you're willing.

Regards,

Nigel