Re: Aw: Re: Re: Re: HP c8000 linux install issues, troubles and questions

On 2016-03-30, at 5:59 AM, Helge Deller wrote:

>> Now, I'm fighting with a very hardware issue: the screws of the PA
>> CPUs are non standard hex with a center pin. I hate this things.
>> Yesterday evening I was ready to upgrade from a single PA-8800/900 MHz
>> to a dual PA-8900/1GHz
>
> I'm not sure if this will simply work. I was looking at the idea myself
> once, and googling for that it seems that some firmware update needs to
> be done in order for the machine to accept the additional CPU.
> If you do it, please let us know...

I had to replace cpu in my rp3440.  I asked vendor if it would be possible to increase speed
from 800 MHz and they said no.  I think it's possible to add a second cpu but don't have any
personal experience.  The machine did run with one cpu module.

The screws are a pain...

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx