Re: musb: dsps: make it work with two instances

Hi Sebastian,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 07:12:29PM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:

> >After some minor DT tweaking on the current patchset,
> >I've managed to detect an USB mass storage device in the
> >second instance (host / usb1) using a Beaglebone black board.
>
> Beaglebone black, that one has a different device tree which is not
> mainline, right?

Beaglebone black it is. But I'm almost sure I just used the
am....bone.dts file that's mainlined.

I just changed the mode or something like that, very minor tweaking
indeed, altough right now I don't remember exactly which changes.

> >However, after I unplug the device, it's not recognized
> >when I replug it. Maybe you can take a look at this;
> >i'll do some more testings and see what I can come up with.
>
> I figured out why my Host is not recognized on the second plug:
> At module load time, musb_start() is executed and it sets the
> MUSB_DEVCTL_SESSION in devctl.
> After the device is unplugged dsps_musb_try_idle() schedules a timer
> which executes the local otg_timer() function. Since the phy is in
> OTG_STATE_A_WAIT_BCON state, the MUSB_DEVCTL_SESSION bit gets removed.
> If the removal of the bit is ignored, the device is recognized after a
> re-plug.

Mmmm... okey. Interesting insight, thanks!

> >Also, FWIW, I think that having a separate USB phy for am35xx would be
> >much better.
> So you would prefer a new file with 90% copy of what we already have in
> the nop_phy?

No, of course not.

--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering