Re: 4430sdp nfsroot broken with ff5c9059

On 04/12/2013 07:06 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> [130410 15:32]:
>> * Jon Hunter <jon-hunter@xxxxxx> [130410 15:30]:
>>>
>>> Are you saying that you want to use the version with that is using the
>>> pre-processor definitions? I was thinking that may be we could do that
>>> as a clean-up for v3.11 and just use the original version I posted
>>> earlier. Seems cleaner to me.
>>
>> No let's do that the preprocessor conversion for v3.11.
>
> Hmm looks like there are few more 3430sdp dt nfsroot exposed
> issues in today's linux next.

I don't even see any ethernet devices defined in the omap3430-sdp.dts
file. Is this something that you have added on top?

> To get nfsroot to behave, I had to have your earlier fix
> from this thread and also revert a2797bea (gpio/omap: force
> restore if context loss is not detectable).
>
> Otherwise nfsroot fails, but not necessarily every time?

Well this patch is going to force a gpio restore everytime we call
pm_runtime_get() when the use-count is 0. Yes this is not efficient,
however, without this patch you run the risk of context being lost and
you would never know. Per the changelog, long term a better solution is
needed.

> I could not git bisect it down to the commit above, had to
> manually figure it out.. There may also be DMA related
> issues, but I don't know for sure any longer. I made a
> patch to fix SPI PIO mode and then hacked SPI to always use
> PIO to leave out the DMA related parts. Anyways, will post
> that separately, let's hope the DMA related issues I saw
> earlier are also related to dt + a2797bea.

Ok, I don't follow that. I am not sure how gpio is related to DMA in
this case.

Cheers
Jon