Re: 4430sdp nfsroot broken with ff5c9059

On 04/10/2013 03:54 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Jon Hunter <jon-hunter@xxxxxx> [130410 13:47]:
>>
>> On 04/10/2013 01:20 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>>> * Jon Hunter <jon-hunter@xxxxxx> [130410 10:35]:

>>> Cool.

>>> Great. Just one comment: You might be able to already use
>>> the DT preprocessor now easily with linux next for the edge
>>> info.
>>
>> Good idea. We could do something like the below, but it would
>> be better to include the "arm-gic.h" from the omap4.dtsi file
>> so that the definitions can be used there too. The problem is
>> that if I include "arm-gic.h" in the omap4.dtsi file I get a
>> DTC compiler error because of the "#include" statement. It
>> appears that the compiler does not like it if a file includes
>> a file using "/include/" and the file it is including uses
>> "#include". So really I think that we need to switch all the
>> dts/dtsi files to use "#include" first.
>
> OK maybe note that in the description too.

Are you saying that you want to use the version with that is using the
pre-processor definitions? I was thinking that may be we could do that
as a clean-up for v3.11 and just use the original version I posted
earlier. Seems cleaner to me.

> Also, is there need to back port these two patches to v3.9-rc?
> If nobody has noticed, I guess not?

This should only be applicable to v3.10 so no need to backport. Or are
you saying that you are seeing this with v3.9 also? That would be odd.

Cheers
Jon