AM3505/3517 support

Hello,

We have a custom designed based on the AM3505 and we wish to run a modern kernel
on it. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of efforts have been made to support other
OMAP chips and that some work is still required to support the AM3505/3517
completely. (does not boot as-is)

Is there anyone working on this right now? Not knowing, I have already started
working on it.

The am3505 is apparently so similar to the 3430 that it was treated as such
(omap_chip.oc was being set to CHIP_IS_OMAP3430ES3_1). There are however a
few differences that need to be addressed. I have therefore created a new
CHIP_IS and patched clocks, hwmod and power management related files
consequently. My system now boots until it complains that it is unable
to mount its root filesystem.

I will send my patches in a moment for comments and hopefully, after a
few iterations, they will be acceptable. I know a lot of cleanup is
happening right now and as a result my patches may not apply or conflict.
Please let me know and I will be happy to rebase them as needed.

Looking forward to your comments and help.

One of the next things I'll look at is how to properly support the ZCN package.
Right now, the CBB package is used (board-am3517evm.c for instance) but there
are differences that prevent some GPIOs from being configured properly. It would
be nice to know if someone is working on this before I start...

Best regards,
Raphaël Assénat
8D Technologies inc.