Re: AM3505/3517 support

* Raphaël Assénat <raph@xxxxxx> [110704 12:51]:

> The am3505 is apparently so similar to the 3430 that it was treated as such
> (omap_chip.oc was being set to CHIP_IS_OMAP3430ES3_1). There are however a
> few differences that need to be addressed. I have therefore created a new
> CHIP_IS and patched clocks, hwmod and power management related files
> consequently. My system now boots until it complains that it is unable
> to mount its root filesystem.

Can you please describe where you need CHIP_IS for am3505? It seems that
your patches just enable the same CHIP_IS_OMAP3430 features for am3505 too?

I'd rather see us improve the code so we can support am3505 properly without
a need to patch all over the place..

> One of the next things I'll look at is how to properly support the ZCN package.
> Right now, the CBB package is used (board-am3517evm.c for instance) but there
> are differences that prevent some GPIOs from being configured properly. It would
> be nice to know if someone is working on this before I start...

You should be able to handle the differences easily just by adding a
new package_subset to mux34xx.c, that just overrides the desired pins
in omap3_muxmodes. Eventually we will be using device tree + common
mux framework for this, but you might as well do the omap3_znc_subset
meanwhile as we can then generate the device tree entries for all of
them. That is assuming it's not a huge delta from omap3_muxmodes :)

Regards,

Tony