RE: usb_nop_xceiv_register() missing when OTG built as modules

Hi,
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:07:37AM +0200, ext Gupta, Ajay Kumar wrote:
> >> Attempting to remove usb_nop_xceiv_register() completely will require
> >> someone
> >> with more knowledge of davinci and blackfin archs to comment on what
> >> boards
> >> need the platform_device defined.
> >
> >NAK..
> >This is an incorrect fix as it duplicates the code snippet which
> >is already present in nop file.

> I don't believe you understood the purpose of the original patch:
I did and that's why an alternative patch.

> The idea is that currently, it's impossible to build a board which uses
> nop transceiver and have that be a module because when you'll have an
> undefined function being used on a board file.
I know.

> Removing the call to nop_xceiv_register() and using a
> platform_device_register() is the way to go, since it's only 4 ~ 5 lines
> of code anyway.
4 ~5 lines would keep on repeating for all current and future boards
requiring to use NOP.

> ps: you really think that adding more and more ifdefs is better than
> Amit's patch ??
Yes, when compared to the approach of repeating those 4 ~5 line in all
the board files requiring NOP.

-Ajay