Re: [RFC/PATCH 6/8] omap: mailbox: more more stuff to omap2_mbox_init

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Kanigeri, Hari <h-kanigeri2@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Small suggestion...if we are re-organizing can we make it look similar
>> to how iommu is structured? This way we can maintain consistency.
>>
>> I thought I did. What exactly do you have in mind?
>
>        1. What Tony mentioned in another email about using #ifdefs for the platforms. That will be bring close to what is in omap-iommu.c
>
>        2. Compare iommu_get with mailbox_get. iommu_get uses driver_find_device to get the iommu structure. I guess we can apply the same logic to get mailbox structure. This way we can get rid of omap_mbox_register, omap_mbox_unregister, and find_mboxes functions.

As I mentioned in another thread[1], we can't really do that because
the mailboxes are not really separate devices, but different irqs of
the same device. They all share the same resources (mem, and even
irqs), so effectively they are all one device.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.omap/34921

--
Felipe Contreras