Touchscreen getting stuck on resume or blanking briefly

Hi,
Is there a fix for the touchscreen getting stuck on resume or going back to resume if you touch the screen lightly?

I am using a gumstix overo earth (TI OMAP 3503) with the gumstix Palo43 board which has a Samsung LCD display connected, and it uses an ADS7846 touchscreen controller.

I have a situation where the screen goes to suspend mode, and if I press the touchscreen once it briefly comes on and goes back to suspend mode.

Now two things can happen at this stage.

a. if you leave it to go off for just a second, and touch the screen lightly, it will come out of suspend and go back into suspend. So, a brief light touch is not enough to bring it out of suspend mode.

b. if you leave it off for more than 15 second, the system briefly comes on, blanks out once, and if you touch it once mode, comes out of suspend.

the GPIO Led connected to the heartbeat, beats normally, something like a human heart lub-dub pace. :-)

In all this, once in a while, the system doesn't wake up at all a and the touchscreen input doesnt work at all and the system is un-usable, and gets stuck completely.

Sometime, if it comes back on, the system heartbeat beats at a much faster pace, after coming out of suspend mode.

Has anyone else noticed this type of behavior and is there a patch available to fix it?

Best regards,

Elvis