Re: Gumstix Overo Low Power Standby?

On May 27, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Dirk Behme wrote:

Blazej Kot wrote:

Thanks for that, it is an interesting link. I have now reached the new low of around 170mW (at 3.28V), but this is high. I basically used the TWL (PMC) scripts in the linked post, and also turned off the U6 chip on the gumstix, which is the USB PHY layer driver. Also, I noticed that my systems becomes unusable after suspending for more than abut a minute, and it will not wake from sleep. I will try to troubleshot and narrow this down.

I think to remember there was some discussion about SDRAM self refresh. Look for thread "OMAP3: PM: SDRC: ensure mux of SDRC clock enable pins for self-refresh" and

http://www.sakoman.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot-omap3.git;a=commit;h=4025cfbde3611b14c0d4831a5524e5e061128e30

Just guessing, though.

Dirk

Yes, you are quite right. Kevin Hilman pointed out the patch [1] to me, I just applied it and suspend/resume works for at least 5-10 minutes. I'll try it overnight next :)

One small thing is I had to manually insert and include for mach/ mux.c to the top of sdrc.c for it to compile.

Thanks!
Blazej

PS: I'm now down to 141mW in suspend :) I know a lot of the rest must be getting used up in the TPS/TWL PM chip, as it is slightly warm to the touch while the OMAP/RAM stack and the only other chip on the overo, the USB PHY chip, are stone cold to the touch.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=124283570910883&w=2