Re: OMAP35XX SGX Driver and hwmod

Hi Marek,

On 12/21/2016 03:18 PM, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Suman Anna <s-anna@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 08/19/2016 06:39 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>>> * Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> [160818 12:20]:

>>> In the long run we should have drivers/drm just manage these
>>> devices using PM runtime and then just load firmware for the
>>> sgx if available. Not sure what all needs to change for that
>>> to happen though..
>>
>> Unfortunately, the omap_hwmod code alone can't deal with PRCM reset
>> lines, so you would still require the drivers to have to call some API
>> for managing the resets, or if it is one-time boot-time setup thing, can
>> do what was done for DRA7 PCIe (see commit 1c96bee4df19).

> I did look to omap35xx trm and it's stated thas for sgx reset is necessary to:
> The SGX subsystem has its own reset domain. Global reset of the SGX is
> performed by activating the
> SGX_RST signal in the SGX_RST domain. Software controls the release of
> SGX_RST using the
> PRCM.RM_RSTCTRL_SGX[0] SGX_RST bit.
>
> But I cannot find RSTCTRL_SGX register nor SGX_RST bit in whole trm.
> Am I missing something?

I cannot find the RSTCTRL_SGX register either in the OMAP3 TRM, though I
could see a RM_RSTST_SGX register which is mainly a status register but
not the reset control itself. The reset integration (PRCM) is typically
a SoC specific feature compared to the IP integration, so the same IP on
different SoCs may or may not need a reset. On some, the IP reset can be
tied into a PRCM register, and on others directly tied into the chip
warm/cold resets. Based on this, I am wondering if OMAP35xx needs a SGX
reset management to begin with. If the PVR driver is looking for the
reset function pointers in platform data, that check probably is invalid
on OMAP3. See if you can skip that check and proceed further.

regards
Suman