Re: OMAP35XX SGX Driver and hwmod

Hi Adam,

On 08/18/2016 02:19 PM, Adam Ford wrote:
> I am trying to use the SGX Graphics core on a DM3730, but I am having
> difficulty getting the code to play nicely with a 4.4+ kernel.
>
> It appears as if TI has done a decent job supporting the AM33xx
> family, but the OMAP3530, 3630 and DM3730 processors don't see to get
> the love anymore.
>
> I am trying to take the SGX driver published by TI from
> http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/gfxsdk/latest/index_FDS.html
>  and apply the types of patches I found
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bisector/tree/master/patches/sgx
>
> Since the AM33xx is similar to the DM3730 and they have the same SGX
> core and revision, I was hoping much of the code would be able to be
> adapted.
>
> Using the approach in from Robert C Nelson in Github, I am able to get
> the modules to compile and load, but the driver hangs when trying to
> omap_device_deassert_hardreset
>
> I noticed that the am33xx and am43xx have a file called
> omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c that defines a small set of
> structures commented as 'Pseudo hwmod for reset control purpose only'
>
> What I'd like to do is take the applicable parts of them and adapt
> them to the DMAM35, 36 and 37 family, but I am not sure of the best
> place to put that code.
>
> It appears as of I'll need a home for
>
> CLKCTRL(am33xx_gfx_hwmod, AM33XX_CM_GFX_GFX_CLKCTRL_OFFSET);
> RSTCTRL(am33xx_gfx_hwmod, AM33XX_RM_GFX_RSTCTRL_OFFSET);
> RSTST(am33xx_gfx_hwmod, AM33XX_RM_GFX_RSTST_OFFSET);

AM33xx/AM43xx hwmod data files are slightly different from OMAP3 nad
others, the above logic is dynamically updating the fields between
AM33xx and AM43xx as they share a common hwmod data file. I think you
should be able to reuse OMAP3430 for DM3530, so you should be able to
manage this using omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c file.

regards
Suman