OMAP35XX SGX Driver and hwmod

I am trying to use the SGX Graphics core on a DM3730, but I am having
difficulty getting the code to play nicely with a 4.4+ kernel.

It appears as if TI has done a decent job supporting the AM33xx
family, but the OMAP3530, 3630 and DM3730 processors don't see to get
the love anymore.

I am trying to take the SGX driver published by TI from
http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/gfxsdk/latest/index_FDS.html
 and apply the types of patches I found
https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bisector/tree/master/patches/sgx

Since the AM33xx is similar to the DM3730 and they have the same SGX
core and revision, I was hoping much of the code would be able to be
adapted.

Using the approach in from Robert C Nelson in Github, I am able to get
the modules to compile and load, but the driver hangs when trying to
omap_device_deassert_hardreset

I noticed that the am33xx and am43xx have a file called
omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c that defines a small set of
structures commented as 'Pseudo hwmod for reset control purpose only'

What I'd like to do is take the applicable parts of them and adapt
them to the DMAM35, 36 and 37 family, but I am not sure of the best
place to put that code.

It appears as of I'll need a home for

CLKCTRL(am33xx_gfx_hwmod, AM33XX_CM_GFX_GFX_CLKCTRL_OFFSET);
RSTCTRL(am33xx_gfx_hwmod, AM33XX_RM_GFX_RSTCTRL_OFFSET);
RSTST(am33xx_gfx_hwmod, AM33XX_RM_GFX_RSTST_OFFSET);

Adapted for the OMAP35+

I'd prefer to switch to the new drm driver, but it appears as of the
ES 8.x and newer are supported, so it appears as if I'll be stuck
using the older ES 5.x builds for the older driver.

 I was tempted to create an omap_hwmod_35xx_ipblock.c and shove all
that suff in there, but that seems overkill for 1 feature.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to approach?

adam