RE: ehci problem on OMAP35xx

the first thing that has to successfully happen over ULPI is the ULPI reset.
OMAP will issue a RESET over ULPI as a TX CMD of 0x84 0x69.
When this reset command is sent over ULPI, PHY state m/c should have locked on to the 60mhz clock.

That's the kind of hack you are seeing in ehci-omap.c file today, though Not the right place to put the hack considering it's a generic driver.