Re: DM3730 sprz319 erratum 2.1

* Richard Watts <rrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [160316 10:14]:

OK

>  However, there are several possible options for a workaround if you are
> using a 13MHz or 26MHz xtal - see
> <http://www.ti.com/lit/er/sprz319f/sprz319f.pdf> PDF p111. It might perhaps
> be civilised to give the user the option, since which is appropriate to your
> board is a matter of board characterisation.

Seems like we should just configure dpll5 based on the SYS_CLK rate
automatically.

> I see no shame in simply exposing something like:
>
>  ti,omap3-dpll5-clock = < 443 5 8 >

If we want a binding like that it should be Linux generic and disucced
on the linux-clk list. It's usually best to stick to standard
bindings and hide the quirks in the driver(s). It seem at most we just
need to specify the 36xx related compatible flag for dpll5.

> I have a Beagle xM or two here I can send out to anyone in need - throw me an
> address.

Cool, I think also Tomi Valkeinen was looking for a 36xx test board
for occasional DSS testing. I have a beagle xm on loan here so I'm
all set for now.

>  OMAP3530 should also suffer from this problem, but it is not listed in the
> errata sheet.
>
>  Other than that, the only devices I know of that have this combination of
> DPLL and HSUSB are OMAP3630 and DM3730 - if it's important, I can try and
> find the appropriate people in TI?

AFAIK 3630 and dm3730 are exactly the same. The dm3730 is just the
catalog part GP version.

Regards,

Tony