Re: DM3730 sprz319 erratum 2.1

On 03/16/2016 04:44 AM, Robert Nelson wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Ladislav Michl <ladis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 08:25:06AM +0000, Richard Watts wrote:
[snip]
Yes, I think we should add a top-level ops for dpll5, that would
determine if table dividers shall be used first, if not, then just call
the generic implementation.

Just tried that and it looks reasonable. Will send patch after cleanup.

I would also add a new compatible string for the purpose, this means the
users must update both kernel + DTB but I believe any OMAPx customers
are doing this anyway.

Should DTB also carry fixup table?

It really should be an optional flag that we can enable on a board by
board basis..

I am fine with just changing the compatible string for DPLL5 to a new one.

Tony, any comment on this?

  I'd agree - sadly I didn't have time (and still don't have much), so I
never did it,

Was there any consensus how to pick between workarounds for 26MHz?

I would just mirror what was done in u-boot for the lookup table:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=a704a6d615179a25f556c99d31cbc4ee366ffb54

  I believe there was a patch in the linux-omap tree for a while, but
I don't know what happened to it - it seems not to have made it to
mainline,

Quick search of git history didn't find anything interesting, but
it wouldn't make it easier anyway :-)

Nothing ever went mainline, it seemed like it happened more often with
later boards.  So kernel developers never got one.

Tero, if you'd like i can send you an xM that the show's the issue
often enough it's easy to test changes with.  Since BBxM's have dried
up at most retailers, i haven't done much with them anymore for the
beagleboard.org community. It's the only dm37xx based product i had
supported.  (i have lots of xm's so no worries about this one)..

Yea that would be nice, I don't have beagle-xm, or access to any other omap3630 hardware either. If you have spare ones around, lets discuss the shipping details in a separate email.

-Tero