Re: DM3730 sprz319 erratum 2.1

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Ladislav Michl <ladis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 08:25:06AM +0000, Richard Watts wrote:
>> [snip]
>> >Yes, I think we should add a top-level ops for dpll5, that would
>> >determine if table dividers shall be used first, if not, then just call
>> >the generic implementation.
>
> Just tried that and it looks reasonable. Will send patch after cleanup.
>
>> >I would also add a new compatible string for the purpose, this means the
>> >users must update both kernel + DTB but I believe any OMAPx customers
>> >are doing this anyway.
>> >

> Should DTB also carry fixup table?

It really should be an optional flag that we can enable on a board by
board basis..

>>  I'd agree - sadly I didn't have time (and still don't have much), so I
>> never did it,
>
> Was there any consensus how to pick between workarounds for 26MHz?

I would just mirror what was done in u-boot for the lookup table:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=a704a6d615179a25f556c99d31cbc4ee366ffb54

>>  I believe there was a patch in the linux-omap tree for a while, but
>> I don't know what happened to it - it seems not to have made it to
>> mainline,
>
> Quick search of git history didn't find anything interesting, but
> it wouldn't make it easier anyway :-)

Nothing ever went mainline, it seemed like it happened more often with
later boards.  So kernel developers never got one.

Tero, if you'd like i can send you an xM that the show's the issue
often enough it's easy to test changes with.  Since BBxM's have dried
up at most retailers, i haven't done much with them anymore for the
beagleboard.org community. It's the only dm37xx based product i had
supported.  (i have lots of xm's so no worries about this one)..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/