Re: OMAP Zoom kernel ALSA build problem

Op 4 dec 2008, om 18:51 heeft Trilok Soni het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:10 PM, David Brownell <david- b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 04 December 2008, Smith, Stephen wrote:
I am trying to build sound support for the MDK (3430LDP). There is a build
problem on the current git master of the OMAP Zoom kernel.

Perhaps that kernel should sync with newer code?

This is going to happen on some other drivers in future too, because
for some unknown reasons (atleast I don't know), that OMAP Zoom went
ahead with their tree. I don't see any reason why they have to create
new tree. See, how beagleboard guys are working.

Well, the from the 'beagleboard guys' AFAIK only Khasim is being paid (or rather allowed to work in it at the office) to work on beagle kernel stuff, so maintaining a fork is out of the question. The rest of the beagleboards peeps wants to get things as fast as possible into mainline instead of wanting awesomely good powermanagement.

regards,

Koen