Re: undefined instruction

Mohammed,

This is the correct approach. As long as you avoid anything below 0x240000, you avoid touching u-boot and the kernel. I suggest to turn protect off only for the sectors needed. The sectors/addresses depends upon your flash. If you are using the OSK, then these are told in the OSK newbie guide (I can't recall and our flash is different). For the OSK, the filesystem is at 0x240000. Therefore, you transfer the first file to 0x240000 and the next file transfers to 0x240000 + 0xc00000 (E40000). This is purely a memory copy. You don't need to combine. When you place the two pieces next to each other, they are basically combined. I'm not sure you understand this, but when you use tftp, you are copying the file to SDRAM. This address is fixed for the OSK at 0x10000000. Therefore the steps are:

1) tftp part 1 into memory 0x10000000
2) copy the memory of 0x10000000 to 0x240000
3) tftp part 2 into memory 0x10000000
4) copy the memory of 0x10000000 to 0xE40000
5) Reset the board (You could boot from here if you wish, but a reset is simpler and puts the flash back to protected)

Steve

mohammed shareef wrote:
i erased location 0x240000 to 0x1ffffff;
then i transfered the first file to location 0x240000, the size of the
first image was c00000 (12Mb)
but now i have the second image on RAM of osk.
the flash segment for ffs2 filesystem runs from 0x01000000 till
0x0fffffff(please correct me if i am wrong).  i dont know to which
location on flash to transfer this to. could someone please help me on
this. thank you. and i also have doubts on how to combine the two
images on the flash and make it tun. thannk you.
regards,
Shareef