RE: Android on OMAP, was: Anyone porting Android to Omap2430 ?

> Yes and no ;) Yes regarding Android, no regarding omap2430.

I've seen or heard of it running to some level on all classes of OMAP
(1/2/3).

> >     Can someone shareing some tips on it ?

Sorry, I don't have many tips.  I did find that first simulator
downloads were wrongly accessing the TLS.  Therefore that code would
break on 3430 which has a real hardware register.

Blogs have a lot of info on hack methods.  WindRiver has base code so
they can make it work with out hacks if they get some board support
help.  Google directly obviously can make it work.

> I'm currently looking if Android can start on good old OMAP5912 OSK
> with Mistral display [1]. The advantage (besides it is the only OMAP
> board I have ;) ) is that it has a nice form factor, the buttons look
> somehow like the Android emulator view and it is well supported by
> kernel. The disadvantage is that it has only 32MB, I'm not sure if
> this is sufficent to run Android.

That's neat.

Regards,
Richard W.