Re: Android on OMAP

colorant wrote:
>>I'm currently looking if Android can start on good old OMAP5912 OSK
>>with Mistral display [1]. The advantage (besides it is the only OMAP
>>board I have ;) ) is that it has a nice form factor, the buttons look
>>somehow like the Android emulator view and it is well supported by
>>kernel. The disadvantage is that it has only 32MB, I'm not sure if
>>this is sufficent to run Android.
>>
>>I mainly did what
>>
>>http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/74237419.html
>>

> Dirk
> Thanks for porint out the right list I Should post to
>
>>but seems that I don't have a binder entry in /proc/devices. And I
>>checked in emulator as well, there isn't a /proc/devices binder entry
>>(?). Not sure at the moment where to get the correct binder major from.
>>
>>Where are you exactly at the moment and what are the detailed error
>>messages?
>

> Currently , I can get the binder drvier working .
> Actually , I don't use usb or MMC to hold the system
>
> I use the NFS root to startup the system. and put benno's staticly linked busybox in it.
>
> Then point the kernel INIT to /bin/sh , so that, when the system boot up
> I got a clean ENV to continue the test. say manually invoke init.

What do you manually call to start Android then? Something like the
a.sh script?

> And the init process of the Android will create all the necessary device node it needed.
> you don't need to create it by yourself.
>
> And the binder sys interface is at /sys/class/binderipc

Will try to do the NFS root way as well. Hopefully I don't need this then.

> I can run up to the red cycle eye loop and loop again on screen.

Btw: Do you had to disable the framebuffer sreen blanking
(screensaver)? After calling a.sh after some time I get a blank
screen, but not sure because of Android accessing framebuffer or
normal screen blanking.

> but random errors come out at different place.
> mainly a userspace segment fault.
>
> And , just now, for once, I use strace and enable debug of the openbinder,

Sorry that I have more questions than be able to help ;)

- Where did you get a EABI strace? Debian or did you compile it yourself?

- How do you enable debug of openbinder?

> I enter into the main screen, then crash .
>
> I also try ext2 image on flash before, yes, too easy to crash

Yes, while debugging NFS sounds to be a better option.

> ...though NFS also lose connect from time to time

Many thanks for sharing your tricks!

Dirk

-