Re: Android on OMAP, was: Anyone porting Android to Omap2430 ?

["Woodruff, Richard" <r-woodruff2@xxxxxx>]

> > >     Can someone shareing some tips on it ?
>
> Sorry, I don't have many tips.  I did find that first simulator
> downloads were wrongly accessing the TLS.  Therefore that code would
> break on 3430 which has a real hardware register.

That's our bad.  Not fixed in the M5 SDK, but we will definitely be
making our libc play nice with hardware TLS before 1.0 is final.

> Blogs have a lot of info on hack methods.  WindRiver has base code so
> they can make it work with out hacks if they get some board support
> help.  Google directly obviously can make it work.

I'm hoping to get a public git repository put together with the
various android-specific kernel patches (binder, logger, alarm drivers,
goldflish platform support, etc) soon.  This should at least make
it easier for folks to merge various drivers 'n things into their
working trees, rather than having to extract them from the kernel
source tarball provided with emulator/sdk releases.

Brian
-