Re: Configuring fs_locations on Linux upstream server pseudo fs for session trunking

On 05/26/2016 11:22 AM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:

>> > Is this (the rpc.nfsd command line and /etc/sysconfig/nfs entry) the
>> > preferred way?
>> > Is /etc/sysconfig/nfs read upon reboot?
Again, I think this is just globing new stuff on old stuff...

I'm just thinking having new commands to manage new technology
better direction.

> Yes.  (Well, the details are distribution-dependent, I think it's up to
> the /usr/lib/systemd/scripts/nfs-utils_env.sh script referenced in
> nfs-utils/systemd/nfs-config.service.)
These new command could have their very own system start up scripts

> The annoying thing about putting it on the rpc.nfsd commandline is that
> it's mountd, not nfsd, that manages the NFSv4 pseudofs, and would be
> responsible for cooking up the fs_locations info.
I agree with this... structurally this just seems wrong.

steved.