Re: Configuring fs_locations on Linux upstream server pseudo fs for session trunking

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:54:50AM -0400, Andy Adamson wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> It's not really export-specific information.  I wonder if it'd be better
> >> to pass it on the rpc.nfsd commandline?
> >>
> >>       rpc.nfsd --multipath-set="192.168.0.1,192.168.0.2"
> >>
> >> (and then that can be configured in /etc/sysconfig/nfs or whatever)?
>
> Is this (the rpc.nfsd command line and /etc/sysconfig/nfs entry) the
> preferred way?
> Is /etc/sysconfig/nfs read upon reboot?

Yes.  (Well, the details are distribution-dependent, I think it's up to
the /usr/lib/systemd/scripts/nfs-utils_env.sh script referenced in
nfs-utils/systemd/nfs-config.service.)

The annoying thing about putting it on the rpc.nfsd commandline is that
it's mountd, not nfsd, that manages the NFSv4 pseudofs, and would be
responsible for cooking up the fs_locations info.

Let me think about it a little more....

--b.