Re: Configuring flex file DS on Linux upstream

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:31:34AM -0700, Tom Haynes wrote:
> fwiw, I'm looking at being able to specify a remote DS for the next version
> of the flex file server. Is it worth considering that in the discussion
> being done in Andy's thread about "Configuring fs_locations on Linux upstream server pseudo fs for session trunking"?
>
> For example:
>
> /mds *(rw,pnfs,ff_ds=192.168.2.101.2049:/ds,insecure,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)
>
> And in the far future, I'd want it to be a multipath list.
>
> I don't see this as something that changes often and the exports
> seem like the most natural fit.

I don't understand the ":/ds" part.  You just look up stuff by
filehandle on the data server, so we shouldn't have to know anything
about paths there, should we?  Or is the problem that it might need to
mount something first in the v3 case?

Otherwise, I guess exports makes sense, as long as this really is
per-export information.

The thing that's a little different about the multipath information is
that that's really a global server property, not something that can vary
from one filesystem to another.

--b.