Re: 2.6.38.6 - state manager constantly respawns

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 12:36 -0700, Harry Edmon wrote:
> On 05/16/11 12:22, Chuck Lever wrote:
> > On May 16, 2011, at 3:12 PM, Harry Edmon wrote:
> >

> >> Attached is 1000 lines of output from tshark when the problem is occurring.   The client and server are connected by a private ethernet.
> >>
> > Disappointing: tshark is not telling us the return codes.  However, I see "PUTFH;READ" then "RENEW" in a loop, which indicates the state manager thread is being kicked off because of ongoing difficulties with state recovery.  Is there a stuck application on that client?
> >
> > Try again with "tshark -V".
> >
> Here is the output from tshark -V (first 50,000 lines).   Nothing
> appears to be stuck, and as I said when I reboot the client into 2.6.32
> the problem goes away, only to reappear when I reboot it back into 2.6.38.6.

Possibly, but it definitely indicates a server bug. What kind of server
are you using?

Basically, the client is getting confused because when it sends a READ,
the server is telling it that the lease has expired, then when it sends
a RENEW, the same server replies that the lease is OK...

Trond
--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer