Re: 2.6.38.6 - state manager constantly respawns

On 05/16/11 12:22, Chuck Lever wrote:
On May 16, 2011, at 3:12 PM, Harry Edmon wrote:

Attached is 1000 lines of output from tshark when the problem is occurring.   The client and server are connected by a private ethernet.
Disappointing: tshark is not telling us the return codes.  However, I see "PUTFH;READ" then "RENEW" in a loop, which indicates the state manager thread is being kicked off because of ongoing difficulties with state recovery.  Is there a stuck application on that client?

Try again with "tshark -V".
Here is the output from tshark -V (first 50,000 lines). Nothing appears to be stuck, and as I said when I reboot the client into 2.6.32 the problem goes away, only to reappear when I reboot it back into 2.6.38.6.

--
 Dr. Harry Edmon			E-MAIL: harry@xxxxxx
 206-543-0547 FAX: 206-543-0308			harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx